Important – Please check the part number before ordering: MB_SPEF-BMPCC-BT1
The Canon EF Lens to Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera T Speed Booster from Metabones adapts Canon EF lenses to Micro Four Thirds mount, while using custom optics to increase the angle of view and the maximum aperture of the lens. It is designed specifically for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and features built-in electronics which let you set the lens aperture using the controls on the camera body.
The Speed Booster works by shrinking the image circle of your Canon EF lens down to better fit the smaller sensor of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. This has the effect of making the angle of view of the lens 0.58x wider or, in other terms, reducing the crop factor of the camera from 3.02x to 1.75x. This adapter features improved internal flocking for reduced internal reflections compared to the previous version.
When the Speed Booster concentrates the image circle from a lens, the brightness of the image is increased by 1 2/3 stops. This yields a maximum output aperture of f/0.74 when using a Canon EF f/1.2 lens. In addition to lens speed and angle of view, the Speed Booster also increases the lens' MTF, or how faithfully the lens transfers detail from the object to the camera sensor. These increases in MTF are seen in the corners as well as the center of the images.
To reduce strain on the Pocket Camera's MFT mount, the Speed Booster includes a removable Arca-type tripod foot to help support the weight of the adapter and lens. In addition to being compatible with Arca-type quick-release heads, it also has a 1/4"-20 threaded hole for mounting to other tripods, rigs, or quick-release plates. The built-in electronics are powered by the camera body, so no additional power supply is needed. To reduce the drain on your camera's battery, the Speed Booster uses an efficient switched-mode power supply, which continually switches between on and off states, only drawing power when it needs it.
Note: This Speed Booster is NOT compatible with the Panasonic GH4 or other MFT mount cameras. This is for use with Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera only. When the Speed Booster is used with other MFT mount cameras, its rear element may cause damage to the camera.
Canon EF to BMPCC T Speed BoosterTM adapters designed exclusively for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (BMPCC). Note that this new 0.58x Speed Booster will only attach to BMPCC equipped with a Micro-4/3 mount. They cannot be attached to standard Micro 4/3 cameras (cannot be attached to GH4, GH3, GH2 and GH1 body).
The new 0.58x Speed Booster reduces the crop factor of the BMPCC from 3.02x to 1.75x and produces the largest aperture optics currently available, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.74.
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 2/3stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.74)
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.58x wider.
- Optics with 6 elements in 4 groups, designed by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending).
- Build-in electronics to control lens aperture.
- The Lens aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Powered by camera body. no external power source required.
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
- Flocking material coating inside the inner hole to reduce the internal reflection.
Since its inception, Metabones has been designing and manufacturing lens adapters recognized among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminum ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adapters, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adapter-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
All Metabones Adapters follow this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish. Our new Smart AdapterTM series of products add industry-leading electronic interfacing technology from Canada, with true electronic control of the lens' aperture directly from the camera body.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Satin surface finish - just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.
Our Smart AdapterTM series adapters have the following additional features
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
- EXIF data such as lens identification, focal length and aperture.